Best Dental Crowns In Los Angeles
Dental crowns are one of the best alternatives to repairing a broken tooth. A dental crown is a cap that dentists place over your existing tooth. The main benefits of having a crown is that it will offer strength to that area when chewing along with improving the way your mouth looks.
Here Are 5 Signs You May Need A Dental Crown
1) You may have a tooth that is different in color or misshapen In which case a crown would hide that.
2) For those who have had a root canal. A crown will aid in protection for the tooth.
3) A crown can also be placed over a cracked, chipped, or otherwise damaged tooth.
4) If you need a bridge or are missing a tooth.
5) You have a deep cavity that goes right through the tooth.
What Type Of Materials Are Used In Making Dental Crowns
There are many options when it comes to the construction material of your crown. Typically metal alloys, porcelain, ceramics, and composite resin. Sometimes a combination of two different types of materials are used. For example, there are full porcelain that are fused to a metal crown which provides added support.
Dental Crown Process in 4 Steps
The first thing involved with getting the tooth ready for the crown is to shave off enough of it while maintaining its structural integrity. This will allow enough space for the crown to pass over the existing tooth. Next an impression is made so that the dentist can model the new crown to your natural tooth so they match and look seamless.
The process takes a couple visits so you will get a temporary crown to hold you over until the final crown is finished. This is typically 1-2 weeks. The technician working on the crown will then use a model of your teeth to create the crown. The last step is for the dentist to place the crown inside of your mouth and make it fit as comfortably as possible.
4 Steps To Making Sure Your Crowns Last Longer
1) Be sure to brush your teeth 2 times a day for at least 2 minutes. This will help remove bacteria that is responsible for decay.
2) Stay away from eating anything hard such as ice.
3) Always make sure to keep regular appointments with your dentist.
4) Do not bargain shop when it comes to your teeth! Get quality work that lasts.
Villegas Dental Crowns In Los Angeles
Finding the right dental crown in Los Angeles for your case is very important. Come in for a consultation and we can decide what options you have available. We are in Huntington Park, California off of the 710 freeway and E. Florence Ave. Contact us at (562) 236-7754. Si Hablamos Español.